The health & safety of our community and guests is our priority. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place and any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19. By visiting the Dickens Village Festival, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
Where Christmas Begins, in Garrison, at the Dickens Village Festival - now more than ever, we feel many need the upbeat Holiday Spirit and "God Bless Us Everyone" from Tiny Tim. We welcome our guests with just a few small changes. Our Committee, along with our businesses, are committed to working together to have a "Smart Restart" and protecting lives & livelihoods with the help of you, our guests, too. When it's time for you, we'll be ready.
The Dickens Committee has taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests to the extent possible. We are reducing capacity levels and will promote social distancing to the extent possible. Attendees are encouraged to take additional steps to ensure their safety such as masks and other measures. We're all in this together.
• Capacity is currently limited to a maximum of 60% per show at the KOTA Theater. All reserved seating shows will place an extra seat added between parties; general admission will encourage parties to separate.
• Capacity is currently limited on the Queen Elizabus to a maximum of 60% per ride. All seats will be reserved with separation of groups.
• Guests will be encouraged to, but not required, to wear masks. Masks will be available in certain locations.
• Hand Sanitizing stations will be available at all main attractions/ locations.
• Sanitation Wipes will be available to attendees at the theater and Queen Elizabus for disinfecting.
• Signage will be posted throughout the festival encouraging social distancing and safety precautions.
• A separate entrance and exit & directional shopping will be utilized at the Piccadilly Square.
• Plastic sneeze guards will be placed at ticket center, theater ticket counter, Dickens Store, and Cratchit's Cafe window.
• Businesses will be highly encouraged to implement their own safety precautions. (Many already have plastic sneeze guards at their registers and hand sanitizer available.)
The Dickens Festival Committee is closely monitoring the COVID-19 risk levels set by the ND Department of Health. The festival will proceed as scheduled unless McLean County moves to critical risk (red) leading up to the festival dates. We will review this weekly leading up to each festival weekend. Stay tuned to our Facebook page or website for updates.