There are two websites that have additional information about Garrison and the Dickens Village Festival.
Plus pick up the Dickens Gazette, a free travel guide to the festival, when you get to town for all the news.
The following news stories give you a glimpse at some of the activities at the festival.
Posted 10/31/16 (Mon)
12 New Experiences at Dickens that are Bigger, Better, & Best Yet
The Dickens Festival Committee has been diligently working on preparing for the 23rd Year of the Dickens Village Festival! Enjoy these 10 new experiences to this year's festival. Make memories enjoying these new experiences and old favorites.
1. A new twist on an old favorite... Enjoy a "Tiny Tim's Christmas Carol" Play Production every Friday & Saturday night of the festival. This year's play will leave you with a smile as Tiny Tim hatches a plan to get his father home for Christmas Day. With the help of some kindly sellers at the market and his friend Charlotte, Tiny Tim stages a spectacle filled with ghosts and Christmas cheer to convince Scrooge to give his father the day off. It all seems to be going according to plan until a little bit of real Christmas magic catches everyone by surprise.. Reserved tickets are just $15.00, sing-along starts at 7:00pm with the play at 7:30pm.
2. It's Family Day at the Festival... Celebrate with us on Sunday, November 27th with new activities added just for this day. Start your day off with the ND Firefighter's Museum Waffle, French Toast, & Sausage Brunch and continue with activities including: Treats with Tiny Tim, Strolling Characters, Decorate a Top Hat, Queen Elizabus & Carriage Rides, and more! Enjoy Comic Ventriloquist James Wedgwood at 2:00PM where Kids 12 & Under are FREE, 12-18 just $5.00, and 18+ $15.00. It's a day to bring the whole family!
3. Tinsel & Cider... Warm up and enjoy a festival of trees decorated by local organizations, businesses, and individuals along with Apple Cider & an Apple treat. Purchase tickets to vote on your favorite with proceeds going to Gifts from the Heart. Join us at the Senior Citizens Center from 2:00pm-7:00pm each day of the festival. Tickets sold at door.
4. Filling the gap... Enjoyed all the activities, shopped your heart out, and now just waiting for the Play? Enjoy Live Entertainment at the Piccadilly Square from 6:00-7:00pm each Friday & Saturday. Local Talent will set the stage and it’s FREE!
5. Quilts & Houses... A Dickens Quilt Show will feature quilts handmade by the local Piecemaker's Quilt Guild Members and a collection of Dickens Dept. 56 Villages. A Scandinavian bake sale will be another addition and purchase tickets to vote for your favorite quilt! The show will be held across from the Auditorium from Noon to 4:00pm each day.
6. Did someone say Wine & Cheese?... Join a wine connoisseur at the Garrison Golf Course for a Dickens Wine & Cheese Tour from 3:00-5:00pm every day except for Fri, Nov. 25. Tickets are just $5.00 at the Info Center.
7. Catch the Bus... The Dickens Express bus that is! New to this year's festival, let the West River Transit bus take you to different areas of the festival including off of main street destinations from 1pm-5pm each day of the festival. Drop off & pick up locations will be marked with a sign. The best part is that it's FREE!
8. Easy as 1, 2, 3... There are SO many activities to enjoy at the festival and we want to make sure you don't miss out! Our daily schedules make planning your day at the festival easy as 1, 2, 3 and are available by clicking on the events tab. Print off your day & start making memories!
9. Are you a geocache enthusiast!?... Fort Stevenson State Park will be holding a Dickens Event Geocache during the festival this year. If you've never tried it, experience geocaching by renting a GPS loaner unit from the park office. Find a unique hand carved wooden Santa Clause and log your find at the Dickens Information center for $5.00!
10. Unique events hit center stage... The popular Fruitcake Toss will again be on Saturday, December 3rd at 4:00pm! Win money for the best toss and the best thing is= it's free to participate! Meet Santa & Friends on Saturday, December 10th from 10:00am-Noon for Milk & Cookies at the SACA Lodge. Enjoy a glass of milk & decorating your own Christmas Cookie.
11. Snap a photo... Send in your favorite photos taken during the festival and you could have a chance to win money! All photos submitted ar subject to being used for publication or promotional material for Dickens & Garrison. Check out all the information on the website.
12. New items & old favorites... That's the Street Food Vendors we are talking about! Enjoy popular items sold by local organizations on the street including baked potato, soups, buffalo Swedish meatballs, and sweets. Word on the street is that there is going to be a few new items this year! Get your favorites starting at 4:30pm until the last cup is sold.
We hope to see you at this year's festival! :)