There are two websites that have additional information about Garrison and the Dickens Village Festival.
Plus pick up the Dickens Gazette, a free travel guide to the festival, when you get to town for all the news.
The following news stories give you a glimpse at some of the activities at the festival.
Posted 11/05/14 (Wed)
The Dickens Committee has been dilegently working on preparing for this year's 20th Anniversary festival with making it Bigger, Better, and Best Yet. Here is a preview of the new events that are happening at this year's festival and don't forget to check out the Schedule of Events to plan your Dickens experience!
1. A new Charles Dickens story coming to the stage. Live Stage Performance of the Charles Dickens "A Cricket on the Hearth." "To have a cricket on your hearth brings great good luck. So goes the old folk belief. But it does not appear true for Caleb the old toymaker and his blind daughter Bertha. For the cricket on the hearth of their wonderful toy shop is a peppery-tempered, interfering sort of chap. Nevertheless the cricket is willing to help Bertha in the most important search of her life-- finding the truth. With the aid of the cricket and a magic toy harp, Bertha does at last find the secret... within her own heart." Every Friday and Saturday evening at the KOTA Theater. All Tickets are $15.00 (non-refundable) and reserved seating. Doors at the theater open at 6:30pm with a Sing-A-Long at 7:00pm and the play performance at 7:30pm.
2. 5 Advanced Ticket Opportunities. Check out the opportunities for advanced ticket sales beginning Monday, November 10th at 9:00am by either phone, online, or walk-ins. Play tickets, Afternoon Entertainment Tickets, and House Tour Tickets are all available for pre-sale this year. Don't forget that Dickens has taken the guesswork out of planning a Dickens experience with packages being offered including a Senior Package available on Fridays!
3. "A Cricket on the Hearth" Character Meet N' Greet. Meet some of the cast and get an opportunity for autographs & pictures. Saturday, Dec. 6 and Saturday, Dec. 13, 3:00pm to 4:00pm, in the English Market.
4. Top it Off with Style. A children's top hat decorating activity, get in the spirit of the festival. Friday November 28, Saturday November 29, Saturday December 6th and Saturday December 13th, 2:00pm to 4:00pm in the upstairs of the ND Firefighter's Museum. Free will offering for Peace Lutheran Faith Builders Group.
5. Guess the number of lights contest. How many lights are on the trees in the City Park? Well you are about to find out. Place your guess at specific locations to get a chance at winning $50.00 Garrison Bucks and an ornament from this year's festival.
6. Additonal Ride for the Queen. Don't miss the bus- the Queen has another opening ride for guests to enjoy at 2:00pm to travel around town. Tokens just $3.00 and can be purchased at the Information Center. Other ride times include: 12:30, 3:30, 5:00, and 6:30pm.
7. Carriage Rides are back. After being missed at last year's festival, the carriage rides will be roaming the streets again this year for festival goers to get a ride. $3.00 Tokens sold at the Information Center, Rides will be available the first weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and the next two Saturdays. (Weather permitting)
8. London Telegraph. Send a postcard to a friend or family member from the Dickens Festival on a postcard provided and we'll mail it for you! Available at the Information Center everyday of the festival.
9. And more to come! There are several great events and activities happening at this year's festival. Bigger entertainment, two beautiful homes for tour, A Cricket on the Hearth Bed & Breakfast tour the last weekend, and our specialty weekend events. You won't want to miss out- check the Schedule of Events tab for a complete schedule and be sure to grab a Dickens Gazette when you get to town.
We hope to see you at this year's festival.