There are two websites that have additional information about Garrison and the Dickens Village Festival.
Plus pick up the Dickens Gazette, a free travel guide to the festival, when you get to town for all the news.
The following news stories give you a glimpse at some of the activities at the festival.
Posted 10/22/14 (Wed)
Before we know it, the Dickens Festival will be here! We want to make sure you get the opportunity to get a full experience at the festival so make sure to check out these great advanced ticket opportunities so you don't miss the bus. (Literally) Although there is much more to see and do at the festival for free, these events are a huge attraction and tickets will go fast. Tickets go on sale beginning Monday, November 10th at 9:00am by either phone, online, or walk-ins.
1. Live Stage Performance of the Charles Dickens "A Cricket on the Hearth" every Friday and Saturday evening at the KOTA Theater. All Tickets are $15.00 (non-refundable) and reserved seating. Doors at the theater open at 6:30pm with a Sing-A-Long at 7:00pm and the play performance at 7:30pm.
2. Afternoon Entertainment every afternoon at 2:00pm at hte KOTA Theater. Enjoy this year's Entertainment: Travis Powell "Elvis" (Nov. 28 & Nov. 30), Tigirlily (Nov. 29), The Luscious Grape Suzettes (Dec. 5), Prairie Rose Chorus (Dec. 6), Miss North Dakota 2014 Jacky Arness (Dec. 12), and Cowboy Poet Bill Lowan (Dec. 13). Tickets are $5.00 (Kids 12 & Under), $10.00 (Adults), and $50.00 Season Pass (Includes all 7 Performances).
3. House Tours every day at Noon, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, and 3:00pm at two extraordinary homes with unique histories and decorations. Available only on the last weekend: Enjoy a tour of A Cricket on the Hearth Bed & Breakfast available at 11:30am, 12:45pm, and 3:00pm. A beautiful Bed & Breakfast named after the Charles Dickens book. All tour times only $5.00.
4. Package 1, 2, & 3 to help take the guesswork out of planning your Dickens visit. Packages include: Queen Elizabus Bus Token (12:30pm, 3:30pm, or 6:30pm), Afternoon Entertainment Ticket, Play Ticket, and $10.00 Garrison Bucks. Available for purchase for $40.00 Kids (12 & Under) and $45.00 Adults. Available all Friday & Saturday's of the festival.
5. Senior Day Package available on Friday's for people ages 60 or older. Packages include: Queen Elizabus Bus Token (12:30pm, 3:30pm, or 6:30pm), Afternoon Entertainment Ticket, Play Ticket, and Complimentary Street Vendor Food Item Ticket. Purchase this package for $30.00 for any Friday of the festival.
We hope to see you at this year's festival!